To assist promising scholars at the beginning of their careers, the Monumenta Germaniae Historica (MGH) offer four one-month scholarships at the value of 1500 Euro for Ph.D. students or 2000 Euro for postdocs. The scholarships are open to applicants from Germany and abroad.
For the period of the scholarship, holders are entitled to a reserved work place in the reading room of the MGH library, one of the best-stocked specialised libraries for Medieval history in the German-speaking world. The location also offers ready access to Munich's excellent research infrastructure, including the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek (Bavarian State Library), the Hauptstaatsarchiv, and the Universitätsbibliothek.
• a Ph.D. thesis or postdoctoral research project on Medieval history (ideally with a focus on an edition or source studies)
• good German-language skills
• Note that the the scholarship entails a presence obligation.
There is no deadline for applications. Please send your application papers as a PDF file addressed to the president of the MGH, Prof. Dr Dr h.c. Martina Hartmann (email@example.com).
Please include in your application papers:
• an outline of the research project (1-2 pages)
• curriculum vitae
• a letter of recommendation from a university professor
• a list of publications